The department is hosted in two buildings:
Main services are in the building belonging to the Faculty of Literature and Philosphy, inside the Campus (Blue Subway Line, Policlinico). The original campus is on Piazzale Aldo Moro, inside San Lorenzo, not far from Termini Station. The Campus, designed by the architect Marcello Piacentini and founded in 1935, is literally another town inside the city, where our activities get support by a wide choice of administrative structures, accomodations, laboratories and libraries.
With over seven centuries in its history and more than 145 thousands of students, "Sapienza" is the oldest European University, second only to Caro worldwide. The Campus hosts the most of the eleven faculties.
At last, the Department of Antiquities acquired some space in the Building "Ex Vetrerie Sciarra", in Via dei Volsci, 122.